Wednesday, December 7, 2016

It’s About That Time…Again.

October 06, 2016  /  Amy Boukair


In a few precious weeks, the writer’s biggest dream/nightmare will be upon us – NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). The goal of which is to write a complete novel within the confines of the month of November. You can even attempt to finish a Work In Progress if you have one already going.
I have unsuccessfully attempted this feat with several of my novels – Ghosting, Indigo, and Shade. Ghosting is still stalled and sitting on the back burner, Indigo is finished and out in the world, but Shade has been scratching at the back of my mind for months now. I can tell a burst of the story is about to come out, but with NaNoWriMo, there’s an inherent pressure to push yourself to meet the insane timeline. Some people thrive on that initiative, but I often struggle with it.
I’ve always been a moody writer, not able to put a word to paper unless I was intensely inclined or inspired. This would typically put me in the category of hobbyist, and not a true writer, but I’m determined to break out of that box. Another novel under my belt would catapult me (in my mind) into the fully fledged upper echelon of real writers.
I know I want to get a sequel to Indigo out. I have a ton of ideas for that series rattling around my head. And even Shade has a long series possibility.
It will be done eventually. Of that I’m sure.
Can I at least finish Shade?
And will it be done by the end of November?
Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment