Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shock and Awe

I received so many words of encouragement after Hope Clark posted my letter to her in her newsletter, I'm in shock at the outpouring of kind words, and in awe of the support for my writing.  I've heard from people from all over the world, and really, am just stunned by the support.  It was unexpected, and most appreciated.

Not only did I receive a tremendous amount of support, I got a ton of great ideas to boot. From blogging more often - which I totally intend to do, to going solo and consulting with my legal career. I have so much food for thought, I'm overfed! The dichotomy of my writing and  professional life, I'm learning, doesn't necessarily have to be so far apart. They can be one, if I do it right. Which I wholeheartedly intend to look into. For sure.

To those that wrote to me - thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing your stories, and giving me even more reasons to go on with my writing.  I know now, that I am not alone in my struggle, and can empathize with those that have gone through a similar circumstance with the whole job/web thing. It's really unfortunate that we creative types even have to consider our "web presence"  as we live our daily lives and try to get by.

I can only hope that my story has encouraged other writers to keep the faith, and keep going with their writing.  If you're a writer, it is who you are - it's what you do, nothing can stop it.

And on that note, I'll sign off, with the knowledge that the writers have united, and had the last word. (As always!)

Take care,
-Amy

2 comments:

  1. I read the message attached in Hope's newsletter, as well. It sounds like you and I are riding the same rollercoaster. As a result, I have been trying to work online as a paralegal for about three months now. Only, when I don't get hired, I'm told "You're too qualified." What the heck kind of reasoning is that??? The plan was to go to law school until my father-in-law passed in April, so we took over the cattle ranch. Alas, there will be no going away to law school in my future. :(

    Anyway, good luck with your future. I'll be pulling for you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I just got done reading your letter to Hope. My employers are (mostly) fine with my being a writer. There have been moments, but I keep editing details out for my own safety. LOL It's no wonder why we need to have some art mixed with our business! The world needs beauty and meaning mixed with the madness.

    ReplyDelete